Studying abroad in the US is a major step in your life and career. For most families, it is also a considerable financial investment. This is why you should gather as much information as you can and get the help of expert advisers to guide your decisions. At consultUS, we understand both the complexity and the importance of choosing and applying to colleges and universities that provide the best match.
consultUS is committed to providing customized educational advising services that match your needs and interests. Whether you look for ongoing assistance with all aspects of the college application process or simply require help with specific issues such as the personal essay or certified English translations of educational credentials, our services can be tailored to suit your needs.
Our popular comprehensive counseling package typically includes the following services:
- Explaining the US higher education system and pointing out the main differences to higher education in Germany, e.g. the liberal arts philosophy, breadth and distribution requirements, competitive admissions, or the importance of extracurricular involvement
- Advising students about the college admissions process (components and timeline)
- Working closely with each student to develop a list of universities or programs that match their academic and extracurricular interests, complete with specific information about each school
- Counseling students on any of the following items as needed: academic preparation, essay writing and editing (no ghostwriting!), campus visits, obtaining good letters of recommendation, financial aid, visa information, and transition to campus life in North America
- Providing certified English translations of report cards, transcripts, diplomas, letters of recommendation and other educational credentials
- Gathering and distributing information to students regarding standardized tests (ACT, SAT, Subject Tests, TOEFL, IELTS), diagnostic tests plus the option of signing up for personalized tutoring with US-based test prep experts ArborBridge.
- Keeping students aware of the various deadlines in the application process and answering any questions students, family members or teachers may have regarding the application process.
The above services are designed to work through telephone discussions or e-mail contact. However, to get to know you better and learn more about your background, interests, and ambitions, we recommend arranging a face-to-face meeting for the initial consultation and possibly at key stages during the application process.
You will have the services of consultUS for up to 12 months while we guide you through the application process and to the start of your university life in the United States or Canada.
Please note that consultUS is not a paid recruitment agent for any college or university. We adhere to a strict code of ethics and professional practices and only accept payments from our clients – students and their families seeking recommendations based on identified educational needs. Please contact us for information on our consulting packages or hourly rates. We cannot guarantee acceptance into your preferred college or university, but we will use our great experience to get you the best chance of admission.